Bill Cosby plans comeback tour after sex abuse accusations and fall

This is not a joke.

Bill Cosby is planning his comeback in 2023, he revealed in a radio interview on Wednesday.

The beleaguered comedian replied “yes” when “WGH Talk” host Scott Spears asked if he would return to comedy in the coming year.

The 85-year-old was convicted of felony sexual assault in April 2018 as 60 women came forward and accused him of assault. At the trial in Pennsylvania, he was found guilty of drugging and assaulting Andrea Constand in his Philadelphia home in 2004.

After a short stint in prison, he was released in 2021 after his conviction was overturned by the Pennsylvania State Supreme Court.

“When I get out of this, I feel like I can perform and be the Bill Cosby that my audience knows me to be,” Cosby said on the radio show Wednesday, adding that there was “so much fun in have in this narration that I do.

Andrew Wyatt, a rep for Cosby, told Variety that the comedian is considering the spring and summer seasons to begin his comedy tour. The startling news comes a year after Cosby claimed to be working on a TV show and a book.

The comedian is planning his big comeback as several lawsuits pile up against him.
Getty Images
Bill Cosby
Once the star of his own NBC show, Cosby’s fame plummeted following accusations of sexual abuse.
John Atashian/Getty Images

The fortuitous moment of his tour announcement comes as five women recently filed a sexual assault lawsuit against NBC and Bill Cosby. Earlier this month, the women – Lili Bernard, Eden Tirl, Jewel Gittens, Jennifer Thompson and Cindra Ladd – claimed in court papers that Cosby either raped them or forced them to perform sex acts when they were older. youth.

Four of the accusers alleged the abuse took place in the late 1980s and early 1990s when the actor was the star of NBC’s ‘The Cosby Show’, and the fifth accuser, the former Hollywood executive Ladd, alleged that the comedian raped her in 1969. , the five women claimed that Cosby had “sexually abused, assaulted and beaten many women”, including them.

The lawsuit was filed under a New York state law – the Adult Survivors Act – that temporarily suspends statutes of limitations for sexual assault claims, allowing decades-old crimes to stand before courts.

Wyatt called the lawsuit “frivolous,” according to Variety, adding that the five women involved were members of the “parade of accusers” who had already come forward between 2014 and 2016 when Cosby was first uncovered.

Bill Cosby
Although he was sentenced to prison in 2018, he was released in 2021 after his conviction was overturned.
Getty Images
Bill Cosby
He revealed on a radio show on Wednesday that he was planning his return to acting with a tour next year.
Getty Images

But that’s not all – there have been numerous lawsuits and accusations against the comedy star.

Earlier this year, Cosby was the defendant in another trial in Santa Monica, Calif., in which he was accused of sexually abusing a teenage girl at the Playboy Mansion in 1975.

Judy Huth, who has sued, claims Cosby forced her to perform a sex act on him when she was just 16. The civil trial jury found Cosby guilty — despite his insistence he was innocent — and awarded Huth $500,000 in June.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button