Man suffers severe smoke inhalation following Toronto skyscraper fire – Toronto

A man was taken to a local hospital with severe smoke inhalation after a two-alarm fire at a high-rise apartment building in Toronto Tuesday afternoon.

Emergency crews responded to the fire shortly before 3 p.m. at a residential building located at 650 Parliament Street, just north of Wellesley.

Toronto firefighters told PKBNEWS they received reports of heavy smoke and a fire in an 18th floor unit.

Paramedics said an adult male was transported to a local hospital for severe smoke inhalation.

Two dogs were also rescued from the unit and transported to a local veterinarian for evaluation and care, according to Toronto Fire.

Following the fire, Parliament between Wellesley and Bloor Street East was closed and drivers were advised to take alternate routes.

Story continues below advertisement

The fire has since been extinguished and all roads have reopened.

This is the same high-rise building that experienced a six-alarm fire in 2018, forcing hundreds of residents from their apartments.

The fire caused significant damage to the electrical system and approximately 1,500 residents were displaced as the building required extensive repairs.

— with files from Gabby Rodrigues.

&copy 2023 PKBNEWS, a division of Corus Entertainment Inc.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button