Will Cuylle will make his NHL debut in his hometown of Toronto on Wednesday night. It’s a perfect opportunity for the 2020 Rangers second-round pick to prove himself and do it in front of his friends and family. He will also enjoy his MSG debut on Friday, before Rangers head to the All-Star break. Sammy Blais may not be as fan of the decision, as he heads to AHL Hartford for a conditioning assignment for at least two weeks.
MSG Network reporter John Giannone was this week’s guest on a new episode of the ‘Up In The Blue Seats’ podcast. Joining me and Andrew Harts was Mr. Do-It-All Rangers anchor and reporter, and New York Post columnist Larry Brooks.
You can listen to the show below, subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Spotify or wherever you get podcasts…or you can watch the show below and subscribe to the New York Post Sports YouTube page.
Up In The Blue Seats Podcast Opening Segment by Larry Brooks with Jake Brown and Andrew Harts:
- CUYLLE’S COOL BEGINNINGS: What does this kid bring to Rangers? Great story to play in his hometown as his first game. Can he stick around this week?
- GOODBYE, GOODBYE, BLAIS: Sammy Blais goes down in the AHL Hartford with Cuylle’s promotion. What does this mean for him? Why has he struggled so much this season? Is Blais done with the Rangers after this season?
- VITALI SCRATCH-SOV: Vitali Kravtsov will be a healthy scratch. Could Cuylle’s promotion impact Kravtsov’s playing time in the future?
Interview with John Giannone:
MSG Network Rangers anchor, journalist
- POSTS: John looks back on his days working at the New York Post from 1988 to 1994, before leaving for another New York newspaper. He left and the Rangers won the Stanley Cup. Paul Schwartz became John’s replacement in 1994 as Giants batsman. Paul is still around… and co-hosts the “Blue Rush” podcast.
- BEAUTIFUL HANK: What is it like working alongside Henrik Lundqvist in the studio on MSG Network? How incredibly handsome is the guy? I never really got to know Henrik by interviewing him during his playing career like he did last year in the studio.
- CUYLLE/CURRENT RANGERS/DEADLINE FOR TRADE: What should fans expect from Cuylle? What should Rangers do at the trade deadline in order to be built for an eventual playoff run?
- Mr. DOES EVERYTHING: Stories working between the benches as a reporter on the ice. What crazy things has he heard from players working there? Is this his favorite role? Thinking back to his first time at MSG as a kid doing the job he is today.